The NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump is employed for hygienic applications in the foodstuff, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and chemical/biochemical industries in order to provide continuous, pressure-stable, gentle and low-pulsation conveyance with optimal cleaning and dosing in proportion to speed.
The design with bearing block and free shaft ends enables the universal employment of any drive type. Many different regulatory bodies have set specifications for a hygienically correct configuration of components and machines, as well as for component cleanability. NEMO® pumps are designed, produced and inspected in accordance with the regulations of the QHD (Qualified Hygienic Design). The materials used are approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) as well as EU-VO 1935/2004. In addition, NEMO® hygienic and aseptic eccentric screw pumps meet the specifications of the United States’ 3-A Sanitary Standards and are GOST-R certified (a Russian certificate of conformity).
Features of the NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pumps:
- Continuous low-pulsation conveyance unaffected by fluctuations in pressure and viscosity
- Conveyance volume in proportion to rotation speed with high dosing precision over a broad rotational-speed range
- High suction and pressure capability without valves
- Reversible conveyance direction
- Stator with hopper-shaped entrance for optimal filling of the conveying chamber
NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pumps offer you:
- Flexible rod design for uncompromising hygiene and long service life
- Gentle product conveyance
- Long production cycles with contamination-proof, sterile pump construction
- CIP and SIP capability
- Product admission under vacuum conditions up to almost an absolute vacuum
- Open, patented hygienic joints for smearing media
- Elastomers approved for foodstuffs in accordance with FDA
- Horizontal and vertical installation
- Easy serviceability
Advantages of the NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump:
- Foodstuff-suitable shaft seals with compression-proof bolted seal casing enable reversal of the direction of rotation and thereby also of the direction of conveyance, up to the maximum pump pressure
- Streamlined, crevice-free housing model prevents sedimentation of the product
- All product-contacting surfaces are polished to prevent build-up of the medium and facilitate cleaning
- The pump housing and stator can be optionally heated
Take advantage of our decades of experience and know-how in the manufacturing of positive-displacement pumps. Your edge – process stability even under great demands!
In two geometries and with polished surfaces.
2 Stator with Reduced Walls
For changing temperatures, a patented stator with reduced elastomer wall thickness is used. In addition, a thermal stator protector (STP-2 or STP-D) provides protection against overheating and dry running. The stator inlet has a hopper-shaped opening for improved feed into the conveying chamber.
3 Drive Chain
The all-purpose flexible rod used for the transfer of power from the drive to the rotor in the NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump is corrosion-resistant as well as dead-space, wear- and maintenance-free, because no components move against each other as they do in joints. Neither lubricants nor seals are needed, so the lubricative properties of the pumped product need not even be taken into account. This is ideal for sensitive substances with or without suspended solids and for uncompromising hygiene.
4 Seal Casing
Shaft seals suitable for contact with foodstuffs, with compression-proof, bolted shaft seal housing, enable a reversal of the direction of rotation up to the maximum pumping pressure.
5 Protective Tubing for Stator
Made of stainless steel (optional).
6 With Bearing Block and Free Shaft Ends
The design with bearing block and free shaft ends enables the universal employment of any drive type.
The NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump is available …
- in various sizes for flow rates up to 140 m3/h
- for differential pressures up to 24 bar
- with optional tangential CIP supports on the pump housing and end supports
- with stators and gaskets with various elastomers approved for contact with foodstuffs.
- with stators with reduced walls
- with S/L-Geometry for optimal adjustment to the application
To achieve the velocity of flow necessary for the cleaning fluid of at least 1.5 m/s in the entire system in accordance with CIP procedures, NEMO® hygienic and aseptic pumps are equipped with additional flushing supports in tangential configuration and must be equipped with a bypass line. The bypass is also necessary for the SIP process. The NEMO® pump operates in a synchronized fashion both for the CIP and for the SIP process. With tangential flushing supports, complete evacuation of the NEMO® pump is guaranteed. All pump materials are suitable for CIP and SIP processes.
The NEMO® SH Plus hygienic pump has a wide spectrum of applications and is used primarily for substances with the following properties:
- Low to very high viscosity
- Smearing or non-smearing
- Substances with or without solid content
- Thixotropic and dilatant
… such as yeast, cream, mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, soft cheeses, ointments, chunky sauces, eggs, milk, curd cheeses, honey, marmalade, syrup, ketchup, sourdough and many others.